...was a dream come true, was he on his knees? Did you shred tears of joy and excitement? Was that a perfect moment?
Of course it was, you are now a bride and you´re starting to look at planning your perfect wedding.
One of those is Wedding Venue searching. How to choose? How to look? What to ask?
And because we want to set you free from the stress of preparing a list of questions to make when looking for a wedding venue here is our list of essential questions to make organized by categories.
The wedding date
- What dates are available on the month i´m considering? Is mine available?
- How many weddings have the venue booked for that day?
- Do you have different rates depending the day of the week or the season? Is there any discount?
The Venue Payment
- Does the venue have a payment schedule?
- Do i need to make a deposit? And what kind of deposit is needed to be made? Is it refundable? And is it deducted from the total payment?
- Is there any hidden costs? If so what are they (service charge, gratuity, cleaning fees, overtime charges)?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What´s the last possible date that we can make changes?
The Venue Logistics
- What is the capacity of the venue?
- How many restrooms does the venue have?
- how many times are they cleaned during the day?
- Does the venue work with specific partners/vendors?
- Do i have to use these vendors? What are the limitations of working with outside vendors?
- Is there room for a band or for a dancefloor?
- Does the venue own sound equipment like speakers? Or does it need to be rented?
- Are there any sound or noise restrictions?
- Can the ceremony be held here too? Is the site close to reception? Is there any bride changing area?
- Is the site handicap accessible?
- Is there an ample parking site or near the site?
- What´s the wedding venue weather contingency plan?
- Are there any decorations limitations or restrictions? Can we use candles?
- Are there any limitations or restrictions regarding wedding photography (use of flash...)?
- When can the vendors arrive to setup?
- Who is responsible to setup and taring down the venue decor?
- What is time limitation? At what time my guests have to leave?
Food and Beverage
- Is there an in-house caterer?
- Do we have to use that caterer or can we bring our own?
- Does the venue have liquor license?
- What´s the price for alcohol?
- Is i allowed for the couple to bring their own?
- Is there any corkage fee?
- Is there a minimum of food and beverage fulfill? What are the consequences if we don´t fulfill it?
- Who will be the couple´s point person before the wedding?
- Is he the same person on the day of the wedding?
- Is it possible to meet them now?
Other Wedding Venue Tips
- Insurance: Does it have it and what does it cover?
Hope we helped you in your wedding venue searching!
Have a FABWedding!